Temporary Mess

I’ve wasted no time in checking off items on my summer to-do list!  The number 1 item on my list has already been completed!  My girls’ get-away was a success!!  I know I had originally said what happens in New York stays in New York, but I had such a great time, I had to share a little!  Plus, most of the drama happened BEFORE I even arrived in New York City!

The original plan was to meet my NC friends (Charlene, Elizabeth, and Jamie) at JFK airport at 8:30am on Friday, but at the very last minute my flight was cancelled and they put me on a flight from Baltimore to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to New York!  My NC friends went ahead to the hotel without me.  I was beyond upset about having my first day adjusted for me without any notice, and I guess Delta knew that would happen so they flew me first class to Atlanta, and then to New York.  I met Bishop Paul S. Morton on the way to Atlanta.  He was very kind and I let him know how much PB and Cub 1 loved his song, Purple..I mean, “Let It Rain.”

Jamie, Charlene, and Elizabeth had to get started without me!

Things seemed to be looking up and I was scheduled to be landing in New York at 2:00pm.  Unfortunately, the weather in New York caused some delays and we circled the area for about an hour.  I saw glimpses of Atlantic City over and over and over again!  We finally landed at 2:30, but spent another 30 minutes just waiting for a terminal to open up so that we could exit the plane.  By the time I picked up my suitcase and found a taxi, it was 4:00pm.  That’s when the tears began to flow.  I think it was a combination of exhaustion, disappointment, anger, and relief all coming out at the same time!  Elizabeth called to check on my status at about the same time as my little mini-meltdown, and had to listen (along with my poor taxi driver) to my list of complaints.  I felt so much better after getting my crying out of the way, and I was able to laugh under my breath at the taxi driver who automatically blew the horn as soon as the traffic light would turn green!   I didn’t arrive at the hotel until 5:00 on Friday evening!  I missed a full day of shopping and sight-seeing, but I was very excited about getting to spend some time with my favorite girls.  After a few paper coffee cups of white wine, we went out to eat and enjoyed every minute of our time in the city that never sleeps!

Food, food, and more food!
Standing in the crown of the Statue of Liberty

Thanks, Janet C., for reminding me that the mess was only temporary!!  That thought got me through my messed up day!

Peace and Blessings!


4 thoughts on “Temporary Mess”

  1. Hey there! Some days, my mantra is “this is a test; this is only a test. If this had been a REAL emergency…” anyway, you get the idea :-)!!! So glad you enjoyed your trip ANYWAY (there’s the VICTORY!) and love the picture at the Statue of Liberty! Still got the hat?? Was thinking of doing a bulletin board about the “1st Lady” in the Fellowship Hall; wouldn’t a picture with the hat be GREAT??? 🙂 :-)!!!!

  2. Glad you had a great time despite delays. Just think God never makes a mistake there may have been a reason behind the delay. God forever watching out for his children even we think its inconvenient.

    1. So true, Denise! We had our trip planned down to the half hour, but for whatever reason that wasn’t in His plans…and we still had a wonderful time!

Comments are closed.